ESN BELGIUM CANDIDATES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
https://candidtes.forumotion.com

Vice-President Empty Vice-President

Thu May 02, 2019 11:43 pm
.Erasmus Student Network AISBL
Rue Joseph II 120 - 1000 Brussels – BELGIUM
www.esn.org
Dear all
I hereby gladly present you my candidacy for Vice-President of the National Board of ESN
Belgium for the mandate 2019-2020.
To start with, let me tell you a little about my history in this vast network and update you on
what I have been doing the past few years. I started my ESN career in the academic year
2016-2017 as a volunteer in the section of ESN Hasselt. I joined because friends of mine were
already part of ESN and they convinced me to join as well. I have never had any regrets of
that decision. I quickly became more and more involved in the local level and was elected
Party Manager the following academic year (2017-2018) in the first semester. That’s where I
first came into contact with organizing events as well as working closely with other group
members outside of the classroom.
In the second semester of that year, I became Event Coordinator since our previous one went
on Erasmus. From that day on, I had the final accountability when it came to the creation and
organization of the local events. I learned how to proactively plan out events and how to
delegate tasks. Not only that, but I finally learned what it was like to be the Head of a team,
and how to cooperate with the team members in order to take our events to the next level.
At the same time our current Local Representative (Kevin Crahaij) got me involved on the
national level by introducing me to the NP’s. The first one I ever went to (BNP I, Antwerp)
was an enormous eye-opener. Since then I truly got infected with the ‘ESN-virus’ and
expanded my knowledge about our huge network. I have attended different NP’s, as well as
various international events, counting two AGM’s, a CND and the WEP from this year.
This academic year I had the pleasure of being elected LR of the local section ESN Hasselt.
Apart from that I also had the opportunity to go on Erasmus and to seize the challenge of
combining the position of event manager and LR all while being in a foreign country. I had to
learn how to work with slack, how annoying WIFI can be but how a hotspot can go a long
way, and how expensive it is to fly with Air France instead of Ryanair. I learned how to tackle
issues from a distance, how to communicate properly through long distance calls or mails
and I learned that a good team can take you all the way, no matter where you are.
Erasmus Student Network AISBL
Rue Joseph II 120 - 1000 Brussels – BELGIUM
www.esn.org
The second semester I was accepted by the IRO of Hasselt University to start a
student job at their office. What did it entail, you ask? To organize an international event,
done by international students to help locals get introduced to different cultures. Turns out,
this was the perfect stepping stone for the coming months, where I would take up more
responsibility within ESN.
I was elected Vice-head of OC of the National Event this year, after having been part of the
working group since last mandate. Not only that, but I (through the luck of the
predetermined list) was able to be part of the OC of BNP III. Since I always strive for 100% of
commitment, I immediately applied for the position of Head of OC. I got accepted for both
positions and have thus been working on two huge events, which happen to take place one
week after each other.
All these experiences have really helped me in sorting priorities, in how to tackle difficult
situations efficiently and have again helped me with my teamwork. Also, I have learned many
things about myself. I don’t need that much sleep, can’t work without coffee, AND SILKE
DOESN’T SHARE FOOD. Except with people she likes. Maybe.
Me applying for the position of VP of our National Board seems like a logical next step. I
believe I have acquired enough of a background in the workings of ESN, and the people
behind the organization. I know our sections, the procedures, the way we work, what is
expected of us. On top of that, I’ve shaped a future perspective with realistic
improvements/modifications for the wellbeing of our- organization.
I believe that through the years I have gained enough knowledge and skills closely related to
the job of a Vice-President to be of help to the network. I believe together we can take this
network to the next level.
I hope you do so too.
I sincerely thank you for your consideration.
Your VP candidate
Silke Franssen
Admin
Admin

Vice-President Empty [QUESTION 1] Candidate Vice President ESN Belgium 2019-2020 ESN GENT

Fri May 03, 2019 11:46 am
Dear Silke,

Just a single question for now, Casper will get the same question. I would like for you to answer this one as quickly as possible.

Do you think that asking questions here through the ML is adequate (read enough people will ask and read the questions and answers) and that the people assisting BNP III will know what has been said here?
Since in previous years we saw this was not the case.

Xander Dejonckheere
The ESN Gent team.
Admin
Admin

Vice-President Empty Re: [QUESTION 1] Candidate Vice President ESN Belgium 2019-2020 ESN GENT

Fri May 03, 2019 11:47 am
Dear ESN Gent, dear all
Thank you for your question! Honestly, especially considering the personal issues I have had this year concerning the ML, no. There have been mails I didn't receive, while I did receive others, completely at random. However, for now at least, I think this is the best solution. That does not mean it will stay that way, meaning there has to be looked into other solutions. Having a platform on the Belgian Wiki, working on slack... There are definitely options which we have to explore to make sure that the issues occuring with the ML stop.
I hope this answer satisfies your question.
Kind regards
Silke Franssen
Candidate for VP
Admin
Admin

Vice-President Empty [QUESTION 2] Candidate Vice President ESN Belgium 2019-2020 ENZO MARQUET

Fri May 03, 2019 11:48 am
Dear Silke

It's great to see you obviously passionate and enthusiastic application. You mention you formed a future perspective with realistic improvements/modifications for the wellbeing of our organisation. Could you elaborate on this vision please?

Good luck with your application!
Admin
Admin

Vice-President Empty Re: [QUESTION 2] Candidate Vice President ESN Belgium 2019-2020 ENZO MARQUET

Fri May 03, 2019 11:50 am
Dear Enzo, dear all
I have some concrete examples which I will try to explain in this
email, though they are still in a working phase and need to be talked
about with others. I also have some issues which I would like to
attack, but don't have a clear view on how to do it yet, though I mean
to tackle them throughout my mandate, if elected of course.
First of, I have the idea of implementing educational team building
activities for section and/or NB/NC members throughout the network.
The way I see it, I would like it to start as an afternoon with a
maximum of 35 participants to see if the idea is something that can
help this network. For this afternoon, I would like to visit European
institutions, like the European commission, where we could get a tour
and/or a speaker to explain us about the workings. Another possibility
would be to have a range of museum visits and/or workshops. If the
idea proves its worth, I would like to take it to the next step and
turn it into a weekend. This way, members could get to know each other
informally, while still doing something that either furthers their
education or gives them a better understanding of the world we live
in. Again, if I see that there is worth to this, I would like to
expand it even more during the coming years, to the rest of the
International network. I have based this idea on something that Elsa
is already doing, something called "study visits". I would like to see
it implemented within the Belgian network first though, to make sure
there is interest for it and to help the network grow closer as well.
Secondly, I would also like to implement the position of "secretary".
Right now the tasks that a potential secretary would have are spread
out over different board members. I believe if we implement this,
everyone could concentrate more on their core tasks, for example, the
VP wouldn't have to take care of the minutes of a NP and could thus
concentrate more on the section's needs during such a NP.
This year has proven that there is also some miscommunication between
NB/NC and section members. I am planning on tackling this together
with the old and new board, to have a balance between what has
happened and fresh ideas. This is still a little abstract though,
since I first want to have a conversation between all of us so we can
brainstorm together, since it affects all positions.
I hope this clarifies my vision a little, if you need more
clarifications or ideas, my head is full of them and I would gladly
share with all of you.
Thank you!
Kind regards
Silke Franssen
Candidate VP ESN Belgium
Sponsored content

Vice-President Empty Re: Vice-President