ESN BELGIUM CANDIDATES
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
https://candidtes.forumotion.com

Treasurer for ESN BELGIUM Empty Treasurer for ESN BELGIUM

Thu May 02, 2019 11:44 pm
Brussels, 29th of April 2019
Dear Belgian network,
I hereby have the pleasure to present my candidacy for the position of National
Treasurer of ESN Belgium 2019-2020.
My name is Yann Mai, I’m 25 years old, and I’m currently finishing my bachelor degree
in political sciences at Saint-Louis University. I will start a master in international
relations next year.
I started my ESN journey 3 years ago when I was in my first year of University, and my
motivation to contribute to this network only grew bigger with the years. I have held
many different positions within my local board, as well as being coordinator of ESN
Brussels United last year, and all these experience taught me much about myself, the
place of ESN in society, and the functioning of our network.
As coordinator of ESN Brussels United, I had my first experience in handling accounts
and budgets. During the first semester of this year, I became treasurer ad interim of
ESN Saint-Louis, and during that time I updated the way the treasury was done in my
section to create a more efficient and practical system of accounting for future
treasurers. In november 2019, I became the treasurer for the National Event, a
position that I still hold, and from which you will see the report when we meet during
BNP III.
I believe these experiences gave me the capabilities of handling various types of
accounts, and are relevant when it comes to my application as National Treasurer.
Furthermore, to complete my training, I wish to follow an accounting training during
this summer, in order for me to have the cards in my hands to work the finances of ESN
Belgium with all the necessary knowledge for this important task.
I believe the position of National Treasurer is a key element when it comes to the
functioning of ESN Belgium. In recent years, the treasury of ESN Belgium has always
been on a thin line, and I believe we need to develop our financial resilience, and have
a constant safety fund of 5% of our total budget. I believe this is a key element for
financial sustainability, in order for ESN Belgium to be safe in the future.
Brussels, 29th of April 2019
The way I want to achieve this, is to diversify our income, and for this, here are my
ideas:
● Develop the merchandise of ESN Belgium, in order for us to gain more visibility
and also for it to become a steady source of income. Develop partnerships to
have better and cheaper merchandise would be a way to achieve it. I would like
to work closely with the communication manager to develop these materials
● Work closely with the Partnership Manager, to have more partnerships than
before, not only to receive financial benefits from them, but also material
benefits that could decrease some of our functioning costs
● Improve the National Event together with the future National Event
Coordinator, for it to become a steady source of income for ESN Belgium, and a
way to attract new partners in the future, by working with the Partnership
Manager. I believe that if the National Event is done better every year, many
companies will be interested in working with us
● Manage the grant that we currently have, such as Erasmus In Action, and look
for other grants for which ESN Belgium would be eligible
Furthermore, I wish to develop the Treasurer Community during my mandate, in order
to improve knowledge transfer between local treasurers on the one hand, and to share
the tools that have been developed by FICO for sections, for these tools to be used as
best by sections.
These are my ideas, and the reasons why I want to become National Treasurer, and I
hope I will have your trust. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact me.
ESN’ly yours,
Yann Mai
Admin
Admin

Treasurer for ESN BELGIUM Empty [QUESTION 1] Candidate Treasurer ESN Belgium 2019-2020 ESN GENT

Fri May 03, 2019 11:52 am
Dear Yann,

A simple question, if you were to be voted in as treasurer of ESN Belgium, what other mandates would you be holding, both in ESN and other organisations?

Xander Dejonckheere
The ESN Gent team.

Admin
Admin

Treasurer for ESN BELGIUM Empty RE: [QUESTION 1] Candidate Treasurer ESN Belgium 2019-2020 ESN GENT

Fri May 03, 2019 11:52 am
Dear Xander, dear sections,

First of all, thank you for your question.

I didn't get the question through my personnal e-mail adress, so I will answer with my section's mail.

If I was to be elected as treasurer of ESN Belgium, it would would be the only mandate I would hold. Of course I wish to continue to be involved in the committes in which I'm involved, however I would not hold any other official position.
Furthermore, I would use my transition period as National Event Coordinator to report on the National Event that will happen this weekend, and find ways to improve it, if any future event of this kind were to be organized by ESN Belgium.

Best Regards,

Yann Mai - LR ESN Saint-Louis & National Event Coordinator
Sponsored content

Treasurer for ESN BELGIUM Empty Re: Treasurer for ESN BELGIUM

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum